While most of our contacts are dietitians and nutritionists in community and public health in Ontario, anyone with an interest in nutrition may join [contact-nrc], our mailing list. You will receive NRC news and updates, job postings, requests for feedback, NRC program information and relevant messages from other organizations.
To Subscribe to [contact-nrc]
The Nutrition Resource Centre's mailing list is a closed, moderated list. Once you forward your contact information to us, we will verify it and add it to our database. The mailing list is maintained on an on-going basis. Should you choose to discontinue, let us know. To subscribe, you may email us or fill out the online subscriber form.
- Contact-nrc is a broadcast email service managed by the Nutrition Resource Centre, a project of the Ontario Public Health Association. Items are posted for information-sharing purposes only. Through Contact-nrc, we are committed to sharing information about health promotion in a fair, non-partisan, and ethical manner.
- Contact-nrc content is generated by the NRC as well as the broader nutrition and health promotion community. Opinions and conclusions expressed in items carried through this service do not necessarily reflect the views or represent endorsement of the Nutrition Resource Centre, the Ontario Public Health Association, or their funding agencies.
Contact-nrc Submission Guidelines
- All postings to the listserv are to be made in the body of an email. Postings that include attachments will not be approved.
- Contact-nrc accepts postings that are deemed relevant to nutrition and health promotion practitioners in Ontario. This includes events such as conferences and other networking opportunities, announcements, new resources, recent research findings, news stories, and job postings.
- Subscribers may also use Contact-nrc for posting inquiries. Responses are to be directed to the individual who posts the inquiry (not to the listserv). If appropriate, the individual posting the inquiry is encouraged to collate responses received and post the results to the listserv.
- Contact-nrc will not accept postings that solicit personal business or sell products unless the fee charged is for cost recovery by not-for-profit organizations or associations.
- Do not send copyright material to Contact-nrc without first securing permission from the author.
- Contact-nrc reserves the right to edit postings for length, consistency and correctness.
- Contact-nrc reserves the right to exclude postings at the moderator's discretion (for example, due to time constraints or if deemed inappropriate to our audience).
- Job postings must include location and application deadlines.
- Contact-nrc cannot guarantee the appearance of graphics, logos and formatting.
- For all of the above, we recommend submitting a brief description or a link where listserv subscribers can obtain more detailed information.
- All submissions can be emailed to [contact-nrc].
- There is no charge for posting items to Contact-nrc.
The Nutrition Resource Centre operates out of the Ontario Public Health Association. It is a policy of the Ontario Public Health Association that its membership and mailing lists are confidential. The NRC does not sell or make its mailing list available to other agencies.
Last Updated: February 8, 2012.