- Our Mission
- Our Services
- Nutrition Resource Group
- French-language Advisory Network
- Developing, promoting, disseminating and supporting implementation of provincial nutrition programs and resources;
- Creating opportunities to network and share information about community nutrition practice; and
- Providing updates about key developments in the field of community nutrition.
- Provincial Management and Coordination
We support the effective implementation of the following provincial programs:
- Community Food Advisor is a volunteer-based peer education program. Volunteers are trained to provide reliable information and education to promote safe and nutritious food selection, preparation and storage to consumers in Ontario.
- Eat Smart!® / Ŕ votre santé® is an award program that recognizes and promotes food service venues that meet exceptional standards in healthy food choices, safe food handling and 100% smoke-free seating.
We develop linkages with and between key nutrition promotion stakeholders. We stay up-to-date on nutrition trends, issues, effective interventions and evidence informed program content, and provide advice to the Ministry of Health Promotion and Sport and other partners.
- Information and Knowledge Exchange
We develop and disseminate nutrition promotion resources and program materials for Ontario practitioners, and promote resource-sharing among nutrition practitioners. Visit the NRC Resources page for more information. We strive to keep nutrition promotion practitioners in Ontario up-to-date through a variety of communication channels, including Contact-nrc, our electronic mailing list, which has over 1800 subscribers, listservs for the provincial programs and Nutri-notes, a listserv for French-language nutrition professionals.
- Our Newsletter
Stay up to date with NRC programs and announcements with the latest issues of our newsletter:
The Nutrition Resource GroupThe Nutrition Resource Group (NRG)is a collaboration that meets for networking and sharing, and supports the Nutrition Resource Centre’s (NRC) work. Membership of the NRG is drawn from a number of key provincial organizations whose work includes the promotion of healthy eating.
French Language Advisory NetworkThe goal of the NRC French Language Advisory Network (FLAN) is to assist the NRC in working towards better supporting nutrition practitioners working with Francophone communities throughout Ontario through resource development, program implementation support and other NRC functions.
Last Updated: 4th October, 2012.